Veterans Exercise Program
Sunshine Coast Wellness operate programs run by accredited exercise physiologists. Departments of Veterans Affairs (DVA) clients may be eligible for clinically necessary exercise physiology treatments through their medical practitioner. Upon appropriate diagnosis and referral of a specific condition, DVA will cover the costs of clinically necessary treatments.
- Entitled DVA clients may be eligible for fully funded clinically necessary treatment once referred by their general practitioner using a valid D904 referral form
- DVA gold card holders are entitled to clinically necessary treatment for all health conditions
- DVA white card holders are entitled to clinically necessary treatment for an accepted disability.
This program is conducted under the supervision of university qualified health professionals and involves exercise prescription to treat the referred condition effectively. Our exercise physiology services include the delivery of clinically proven exercise interventions to manage chronic disease and conditions, pre-and post-acute exercise rehabilitation for joint replacements.
The benefits of an Exercise Physiologists session are inclusive but not limited to
- Age related conditions
- Falls prevention and balance improvement
- Diabetes control
- Cardiovascular health
- Bone health (osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, arthritis)
- Mobility, range of motion and flexibility improvements
- Anxiety and depression
- Obesity and weight control
- Muscular conditioning to aid in the control of lower back, knee and neck pain.